Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Go & see Klaxons for the 2nd time
























Tuesday I'm going to see the British band Klaxons in Amsterdam. I have to prepare, and listen to their new album Surfing the void, the 'return of Klaxons with a heavy, distorted, weird piece of perfect noise', according to the BBC. The cd is in my car for weeks now, but I hadn't got the time to listen to it. Maybe I should stay in my banger when I take the ferry to Dunkirk friday, and play it out loud in the  cabin of the boat (I think that will give a good acoustic).


























The first time I saw The Klaxons in Amsterdam, in 2007. I was with my fourteen and sixteen year old sons. I stood at the balcony and they jumped around in the front. Now and then I saw their heads. After half an hour I spotted the oldest climbing on stage and diving in the croud. Then the other one followed. Not ones, but obviously five or more times.

A year later we were at a concert of New York Pony Club, with a gorgeous leadsinger in a catsuit. I saw my youngest skip on stage again, and wondered what he was going to do. No stage diving or huggings. He vanished in the dark. Afterwards he told me he spotted the leadsinger of the Klaxons backstage and wanted to shake his hand (what he did).

I wonder what will happen Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment