Tuesday, November 16, 2010

See Secret Postcards

I love postcards. I have lots & lots at home. Everywhere I go I buy good ones. Some are little 'one-off' artworks. I bought some great ones in Berlin and Morocco.

Now there is this great exhibition at the Royal College of Art in London: Secrets. Over 1,000 artists have donated art cards, including Tracey Emin, Yoko Ono, film maker Mike Leigh (and a lot of famous others), as well as up-and-coming students and graduates from the Royal College of Art.








The exciting part about it, is that the cards are sold to the public at a one-day sale on Saturday 20 November, for £45 each. The postcards are displayed anonymously and are signed on the reverse, so that the artist remains a secret until after the cards are purchased and their signature is revealed on the back.

I have to go to London and see it.

Here are some examples:




1 comment:

  1. You have to go to London the 20th and buy one!!!

    ReplyDelete